Dental decay is the #1 most common chronic childhood illness, more common than even asthma. Dental decay is caused by a group of bacteria called streptococcus mutans. These bacteria cause plaque, a yellowish film that builds up on the teeth. These bacteria feed on the sugars in our diet and produce an acid that eats away at the outer layer of the teeth, resulting in a cavity, or hole, in the tooth.

While the traditional amalgam (silver-colored) restorations are still widely used in dental practice worldwide, we now use bonded composite resin (tooth-colored) material 99% of the time. Material science has progressed in leaps and bounds, and through continuing education we have kept up with these scientific advances, allowing us to use of the best filling material for each particular circumstance.

Contact Us